NHS England have produced a series of Delegated commissioning case studies to show how CCGs are using delegated commissioning to improve care for local people.
CCGs have reported that delegated commissioning is leading to:
- The development of clearer, more joined up visions for primary care, aligned to wider CCG and STP plans for improving health services;
- Improved access to primary care;
- Improved quality of care being delivered to patients;
- Improved CCG relationships with member practices, including greater local ownership of the development of primary care services;
- Increased clinical leadership in primary care commissioning, enabling more local decision making;
- Greater involvement of patients in shaping services;
- A more sustainable primary care system for the future.
NHS England have produced a series of case studies to show how CCGs are using delegated commissioning to improve care for local people: