London Clinical Networks. Published online: 10 May 2106
Guidance for commissioners and providers to meet the NICE Quality Standard on Dementia (QS1), which states that people with dementia should have an assessment and an ongoing personalised care plan, agreed across health and social care.
This is a guide for »
- Service providers, including health, social care, voluntary and charitable organisations
This guide will be of interest to »
- People living with dementia
- Their families and friends
- Practitioners in dementia care
The purpose of this guidance is to »
- Describe the key elements of person-centred support planning
- Describe how to write a new support plan
A support plan should capture what is important to the person living with dementia.
Once a support plan is put in place it needs to be reviewed regularly, to reflect changes in needs, wishes and circumstances.
The professional who helps putting the support plan together should assume the person with dementia has capacity and use clinical judgement, using the Mental Capacity Act when needed.
Find the full toolkit here