This draft guideline includes recommendations for the organisation and delivery of emergency and acute medical care | NHS Networks
It includes recommendations for practice and for research. Recommendations are included on:
- first points of contact with emergency and acute care services
- alternatives to hospital care
- opening hours and locations of acute care services
- services within hospitals
- ward rounds, transfers and discharges
- monitoring and managing hospital bed capacity.
Who is it for?
- Commissioners and providers of health and social care.
- Health and social care practitioners.
- People with or at risk of a medical emergency or acute illness, and their families and carers.
Read the full draft here