A new set of resources to help commissioners embed an outcomes based approach to their procurement of public services has been launched.
Following The Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, commissioners are increasingly looking for positive social outcomes, which have a lasting impact and can be clearly demonstrated to stakeholders. At a time when budgets are tighter than they have ever been, maintaining public confidence and positive perceptions is a constant challenge for commissioners, which needs to be carefully managed if initiatives are to be delivered successfully and on time.
The resources from Social Enterprise Mark focus on an outcomes based approach to commissioning, and explain how asking for the Social Enterprise Mark/Gold Mark in commissioning criteria is an easy way of embedding social value within contract specifications and demonstrating consideration of the Social Value Act.
- Presentation slides
- Embedding an outcomes-based approach to commissioning
- Qualification criteria for Social Enterprise Mark
- Assessment framework for Social Enterprise Gold Mark
- Directory of accredited social enterprises
- Voluntary Organisations in Disability Group (VODG) Social Value toolkit